Isaiah Miller
UFID: 80191457
16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?
6/19/2020
The five things that make me unique are:
1. My endless aspirations. I could not put a ceiling on where I think I could take life. From money, to joy, to generosity, I think there is no limit and that it boils down to my choice on where to take it and how to do it.
2. My ability to show interest in others. I am able to facilitate positive interactions with people where what they love is the main focus. By asking questions about topics they enjoy sharing about, they leave the conversation feeling good.
3. Radical accountability. I believe whatever happens to me, the good, the bad, the ugly, should be viewed from the lens of accountability. Asking what you could have done, and evaluating the situations, allows you to have pride in wins, and make adjustments after losses.
4. Seeing money and laws as tools. I used to really protect money and actually wanted to be a financial planner. That viewpoint of money is now boring to me, and with a relatively high monthly carry, I simply decided to focus on increasing income rather than cutting costs. In fact, in this endeavor I have spent more money than ever before on clothes, marketing, association dues, cars that make me happy, and other things that add to my quality of life and will enhance my self-concept.
5. My ability to identify those that I can help, but that can also help me. I try to lead with value, and offer that to others that have skills, wisdom, and information that I don't. This way, I can create mutually beneficial relationships where we both come out big winners.
My persistence in winning was the focus. In addition, my work ethic was brought up, as they knew that I used to work 20 hour days for weeks on end to get done what had to get done.
My openness to new ideas was brought up. Nothing is a dumb idea, and this person often shares ideas with me because they know I won't tell them what is wrong with it. My authenticity was also mentioned as a strength.
Persistence/tenacity was the focal point. Stubbornness was mentioned, in the way that I do what I want and shut down unsolicited opinions from non-experts.
My generosity was the focal point of the interaction. They recognized I enjoy giving money, time, and compliments away.
My communication ability led this interaction. They recognized that I could connect well with a CEO or a homeless person, to gang members, and more.
I think that there are strong parallels between what others think and what I think. I also know that many people don't like me, but of course I interviewed friends. I think it is mostly accurate, and I am stubborn and hate being told what to do. I love people, and interacting with people. What I hate the most is prejudicial people, which is in all of us but we must actively seek to suppress. Some people live with such hate, and I believe the habits I try to cultivate are based on positivity.
Hey Isaiah!
ReplyDeleteVery thorough work here. I think that you learned a lot of valuable information in these interviews and this will definitely help in the future. Great work!
Hey Isaiah,
ReplyDeleteGreat work! Your determination to find success and positive outlook are extremely evident. These two qualities are sought after and not many can combine them in order to achieve their goals. Great post!
Hey Isaiah,
ReplyDeleteyou did an amazing job on this assignment and I think you were able to highlight a lot of interesting points in this assignment. the ideas you discuss are very useful to entrepreneurs in my opinion and I think you have done a really great job on this assignment. I am interested to see how you continue to develop as the class continues. once again keep up the great work.